I started in Television Production Sophomore year of high school when I took TV/Radio Production I class. Mr. Hoty invited me to help on a shoot for one of the spring sports. After that, I was heavily involved with television production at a high school, college, and professional level for a number of years. He was the best teacher I ever had.
I am a current member of The National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences – Lower Great Lakes Chapter. This chapter covers TV stations in Cleveland, Akron, Canton, Toledo, Erie, Indianapolis, and Fort Wayne.
I’ve worked on four Emmy Nominated productions; one of them won an Emmy Award.
Below are shows I worked on, events I got to attend or cover, and recognition and awards.
Westlake High School
- 2000: Joined
- Club Officer 2000-2001: Equipment & Transportation Manager
- 2000: East/West All-Star Football game for the Cleveland area
- 2001: State Wrestling
- Emmy Nomination 2001: Student Programming (college level category)
- Club Officer 2001-2002: Station Manager
- Emmy Nomination 2002: Student Programming (college level category)
- 2002: State Wrestling
- 2002: Ted Siller Award
- 2004: Donation of production work
- 2007-2010: Alum Producer/Director
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, Ohio
- 60 Plus
- The Journal
- Mobile production units for on-site taping and streaming of forums, talks, presentations, demonstrations, plays, graduations, and concerts.
- Live on-the-air PBS pledge drives
Fox Sports Ohio partnership
- Falcon Football with Gregg Brandon
- Highlights editor
- Feature editor
- Technical Director
- Falcon Basketball with Dan Dakich
- Same as above
Awards and recognition
- 2003-2004, 2004-2005: Outstanding Production Student nominee
- Emmy Nomination 2004: Crafts: Editor – Non News for Ketchup: King of Condiments
- Emmy Award 2004: Cultural Affairs Program for Ketchup: King of Condiments
- 2005-2009: Ketchup: King of Condiments distributed internationally to the US & Canada by American Public Television