Modes of operation and bands
My interests are focused around computers & digital modes.
Most often you will find me on during nights or weekends on whichever band has the best propagation for HF (80 meters, 40 meters, 20 meters) but you will find me on any band that has activity. Local: 2 meters & 440.
I love to work special event stations and have alot of wallpaper.
Online reporting and spotting networks
- HF digital modes: PSK Reporter, WSPR
- APRS: JFindu Last heard APRS
- D-STAR: JFindu Last heard APRS & D-STAR/D-PRS
- DMR: Brandmeister Last Heard
Voice over Internet Protocol. Many of the modes in Digital Voice also include Internet linking.
Text and data
QSL card and info
I have a great QSL that I love to share. The front was designed by Jeff – K1NSS (preview above) who did the artwork for background used for the Ham College postcast. The back was designed and printing done by Amanda – K1DDN of Ham Nation.
The card is a mash-up of my interest in digital modes and shack setup. The likeness is an APRS map with the icon and info box relating to my shack – which is setup in an old camper. “Cuyahoga Falls” and the digital waterfall is an Easter egg. Cuyahoga Falls is a city on the east side but the egg is Cuyahoga is the county I live in. Falls jokingly refers to the digital waterfall seen in many digital modes (see Operating Modes above).
I love to receive QSL cards! I will reply 100% for all contacts in the log. Shortwave Listener (SWL) cards are welcome but will not be returned.
- In the U.S.: send your card direct to my call book address. Please include a SASE for a standard sized card.
- Outside the U.S.: direct to my call book address or via the bureau
- Electronic: logbook is uploaded to Logbook of the World. The current month will be uploaded around the 1st of the following month. At this time, I do not use any other electronic QSL service.
Thanks and I hope to receive your card!
Find me on the air…
- WR8ABC: 146.880- repeater PL 110.9 in Cleveland
- WR8ABC: 146.760- repeater PL 110.9 in Cleveland
- WR8ABC: 444.700+ Yaesu System Fusion repeater in Cleveland
- W8HF: 145.230- repeater PL 110.9 in Elyria
- K8SGX/WB8APD: 52.680+/444.975+ in Chardon *CLOSED SYSTEM*
- K8TIH 147.180- repeater PL 67.0 (linked to 444.475+ 67.0) in Bowling Green
- Ohio statewide (Talk Group 3139)
- FCS Reflector 2, Ohio group (35)
- Ham Nation After Show nets
- The Lake Erie Amateur Radio Association Club Net. Thursday nights at 8 PM on 146.760-
- The Lake Erie Amateur Radio Association Club Digital Net. Thursday nights at 9 PM on 146.880-