Modes of operation and bands
My interests are computers & digital modes. Primary interest is Digital and VoIP modes. You will find me most often on at night wherever propagation is best for HF: 80 meters, 40 meters, 20 meters. Local: 2 meters & 440.
The cool thing about digital modes, you can see reports online:
- HF digital modes: PSK Reporter
- D-STAR: JFindu Last heard APRS/D-STAR
- DMR: BrandMeister HoseLine or Last Heard.
Voice over Internet Protocol. Many of the modes in Digital Voice also include Internet linking.
Text and data
QSL card and info
I have a great QSL that I love to share. The front was designed by Jeff – K1NSS (preview above) who did the artwork for the Ham College background. The back was designed and printing done by Amanda – K1DDN of Ham Nation.
The card is a mash-up of my interest in digital modes and shack setup. The likeness is an APRS map with the icon and info box relating to my shack which is setup in an old camper. “Cuyahoga Falls” and the digital waterfall is an Easter egg. Cuyahoga Falls is a city on the east side but the egg is Cuyahoga is the county I live in. Falls jokingly refers to the digital waterfall seen in many digital modes (see Modes above).
I love to receive QSL cards! Preferred method is to send your card direct to my call book address. Please include a SASE for a standard sized card. I will reply 100% for all contacts in the log.
My logbook is uploaded to Logbook of the World. The current month will be uploaded around the 1st of the following month.
Thanks and I hope to receive your card!
Find me on the air…
- WR8ABC: 146.880- repeater PL 110.9 (linked to 444.700+ 131.8) in Cleveland.
- WR8ABC: 146.760- repeater PL 110.9 in Cleveland.
- W8HF: 145.230- repeater PL 110.9 in Elyria.
- K8SGX/WB8APD: 52.680+/444.975+ in Chardon *CLOSED SYSTEM*.
- N8SIW: 145.130- repeater PL 110.9 in Polk/Ashland.
- K8TIH 147.180- repeater PL 67.0 (linked to 444.475+ 67.0) in Bowling Green.
- Ohio statewide (Talk Group 3139).
- Midwest regional (Talk Group 3169).
- USA nationwide (Talk Group 3100 or Reflector 4639).
- FCS Reflector 2, Ohio group (35).
- Ham Nation After Show nets.
- The Lake Erie Amateur Radio Association Club Net. Thursday nights at 8 PM on 146.760-.
- The Lake Erie Amateur Radio Association Club Digital Net. Thursday nights at 9 PM on 146.880-.