Modes of operation and bands
My interests are focused around computers & digital modes.
I love to work special event stations and have alot of wallpaper.
Online reporting and spotting networks
- HF digital modes: PSK Reporter, WSPR
- APRS: JFindu Last heard APRS
- D-STAR: JFindu Last heard APRS & D-STAR/D-PRS
- DMR: Brandmeister Last Heard
Voice over Internet Protocol. Many of the modes in Digital Voice also include Internet linking.
Text and data
QSL card and info
I have a great QSL that I love to share. The front was designed by Jeff – K1NSS (preview above) who did the artwork for background used for the Ham College postcast. The back was designed and printing done by Amanda – K1DDN of Ham Nation.
The card is a mash-up of my interest in digital modes and shack setup. The likeness is an APRS map with the icon and info box relating to my shack – which is setup in an old camper. “Cuyahoga Falls” and the digital waterfall is an Easter egg. Cuyahoga Falls is a city on the east side but the egg is Cuyahoga is the county I live in. Falls jokingly refers to the digital waterfall seen in many digital modes (see Operating Modes above).
I love to receive QSL cards! I will reply 100% for all contacts in the log. Shortwave Listener (SWL) cards are welcome but will not be returned.
- In the U.S.: send your card direct to my call book address. Please include a SASE for a standard sized card.
- Outside the U.S.: direct to my call book address or via the bureau.
- Electronic: logbook is uploaded to Logbook of the World. The current month will be uploaded around the 1st of the following month. At this time, I do not use any other electronic QSL service.
Thanks and I hope to receive your card!
Find me on the air…
- WR8ABC: 146.880- repeater PL 110.9 in Cleveland
- WR8ABC: 146.760- repeater PL 110.9 in Cleveland
- WR8ABC: 444.700+ Yaesu System Fusion repeater in Cleveland
- W8HF: 145.230- repeater PL 110.9 in Elyria
- K8SGX/WB8APD: 52.680+/444.975+ in Chardon *CLOSED SYSTEM*
- K8TIH 147.180- repeater PL 67.0 (linked to 444.475+ 67.0) in Bowling Green
- Ohio statewide (Talk Group 3139)
- FCS Reflector 2, Ohio group (35)
- Ham Nation After Show nets
- The Lake Erie Amateur Radio Association Club Net. Thursday nights at 8 PM on 146.760-
- The Lake Erie Amateur Radio Association Club Digital Net. Thursday nights at 9 PM on 146.880-